This 45-hour 7-week Legal & Court Interpreter Training Program was developed to enable participants to become interpreters working in the legal field.
The course introduces participants to legal/court interpreter roles and skills, interpreter ethics, and legal terminology in both English and the target language. Students will gain an understanding of the Massachusetts legal system and take a close look at the Standards and Procedures for Court Interpreters, the document which regulates professional court interpreting in Massachusetts.
Language coaching and role-plays in the target language are offered by experienced interpreters who are native speakers of the target language.
We are accepting applications for our 45 hour 7-week Legal & Court Interpreter Training Session that starts on May 14, 2016 and ends on June 25, 2016.
Space in the training program is limited and is filling up very quickly.
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
TOTAL COST OF THE PROGRAM:
$790 ($50 registration fee and $740 course fee)
The course is offered in Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Mandarin Chinese, Haitian Creole.
Not every language is offered at a specific session. We require a minimum of five participants in a language group in order to offer the course in that language.
The course will meet once a week every Saturday:
10:30 am - 5:00 pm (1st class: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm)
(Please note: Our course location is subject to change.)
- Roxbury Community College,
- Academic Building #3,
- Room 453 1234 Columbus Ave,
- Roxbury Crossing, MA 02120
Who should attend this training?
- - Bilingual individuals seeking employment in the legal field or in court systems;
- - Bilingual individuals seeking their first professional interpreting certificate;
- - Interpreters and translators currently employed in the legal field or court systems;
- - Independent interpreters;
- - Interpreters with other interpreting credentials, such as those who have completed the Medical Interpreter Certificate Program or the Community Interpreter Certificate Program;
- - Paralegals, administrative assistants, front office staff, receptionists, social workers, etc. who are bilingual.
Sign up for our Newsletter to receive regular updates
about upcoming courses.
How can I register for the next Legal Interpreter Training course?
Pre-register on our website to reserve a seat in the course and pay $50 registration fee online.
Since space in the training program is limited and is filling up quickly, we recommend early registration. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis until the course is full.
After you register online and pay a $50 registration fee a language coach will contact you to schedule a 15-min Language Assessment Test with you on the phone. All the tests are usually scheduled 2 weeks before the course starts.
If you pass the test you will need to pay the course fee. You can pay online, send us a check or a money order for $740 to our office address (below) or call the office to pay with a credit card on the phone.
- Legal Interpreter Training Program
- Language Connections LLC
- 2001 Beacon Street, Suite 105
- Boston, MA 02135
If you would like to receive more information
about our programs please request more INFO here:
If you have any questions about terms and prices regarding our Legal Interpreter Training Program please contact: